Simatic ET 200S CPU

jillgeorge18

Hello to All,May I know what are the main advantages of Simatic ET 200S with respect to other S7 CPUs????I tried to get from internet but some specific term,like bit modular design,not digested well..Please help me...đź“šđź“šđź“š

Compared to S7-300:

The main advantages are that they are singinficantly cheaper, smaller than the S7-300 and don't need to be on a rack. The IM151-8 version also have 3 ethernet/profinet ports.

They can be used on small/medium machines without any problem.

Compared to S7-1200:

It's a little more expansive than S7 1200 but much better: more memory, fastest, better I/O modules and also much better in software.

S7 1200 can't even support STL (for a siemens CPU it's a joke) and Graph while the ET200CPU support all languages.

S7 1200 only support TIA portal while ET200S (since some years) supports both STEP7 and TIA portal.

S7 1200 firmwares are a bit of a mess and some supports instructions that older don't support, while ET200S CPU support more instruction than any S7 1200.

In resume:

It's cheaper, smaller than S7300 but has generally the same features. Good if you don't need to do big programs.

It's better than S7 1200 in every way.

Compared to S7-300:

The main advantages are that they are singinficantly cheaper, smaller than the S7-300 and don't need to be on a rack. The IM151-8 version also have 3 ethernet/profinet ports.

They can be used on small/medium machines without any problem.

Compared to S7-1200:

It's a little more expansive than S7 1200 but much better: more memory, fastest, better I/O modules and also much better in software.

S7 1200 can't even support STL (for a siemens CPU it's a joke) and Graph while the ET200CPU support all languages.

S7 1200 only support TIA portal while ET200S (since some years) supports both STEP7 and TIA portal.

S7 1200 firmwares are a bit of a mess and some supports instructions that older don't support, while ET200S CPU support more instruction than any S7 1200.

In resume:

It's cheaper, smaller than S7300 but has generally the same features. Good if you don't need to do big programs.

It's better than S7 1200 in every way.

Thank you for kind reply...It will a great hand to me..Also May I know is there any memory limitation as you say not suitable for bigger programs....Thanks in advance...

For siemens CPU, you have "work memory" which is non expandable memory and is the limit of what your CPU can do.

ET200S CPU like the IM151-8 have 192 KO of work memory. S7 300 goes from 384 to 2000, S7 1200 from 25 to 150.

The size in memory depends of a lot of things: complexity of the machine with communications, diagnostics, number of devices and the programm (string manipulation, complex structures, number of data...).

Generally, the ET200S CPU is too small to control a line of several workstations or machines but can control one single machine or workstation.

For siemens CPU, you have "work memory" which is non expandable memory and is the limit of what your CPU can do.

ET200S CPU like the IM151-8 have 192 KO of work memory. S7 300 goes from 384 to 2000, S7 1200 from 25 to 150.

The size in memory depends of a lot of things: complexity of the machine with communications, diagnostics, number of devices and the programm (string manipulation, complex structures, number of data...).

Generally, the ET200S CPU is too small to control a line of several workstations or machines but can control one single machine or workstation.

Thanks Iner....:geek::geek: