simatic s5 progamming

simatic s5 programming

• back up battery if removed then what happen

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • backup battery purpose

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

balisoni

i just want a old plc near about 1990 siemens s5 simatic. the machine is closed last 4 years.
& the cell of back up is not there. the programe in eprom is there or erase during that period. pls suggest me how i can upload the system.
regards
lalitbali

If the EPROM is in good shape and the program is still in there, you should have no problem. Depending on the type of S5 the following will happen:
  • S5-90U, S5-95U or S5-100U: the program will be copied from the EPROM to the internal RAM, after which the program will be executed (if the switch is in the RUN-state).
  • S5-115U and above: the program will be executed fom within the EPROM as soon as the power is switched on and provided th eswitch is in the RUN-state.

If the EPROM is not OK, then the only way to go is to get hold of the source files and upload them to the PLC. For this you will need the proper software and converter+cable.

Kind regards,

Luckily most of us know why the backup needs a battery, or at least I hope so.

Then you need a backup for the battery. Next question: does this second backup also need a battery?

Regards,