Simoreg K 6RA24 dc drive

electronics

We have a winder(paper machine) application with a Siemens 6RA24 drive. On startup the drive is coming up with fault F04. We have eliminated the fault by decreasing the startup tension on the system from 7 to 3. Once the drive is able to crawl, we input the default tension(7) and therafter run the machine without any faults. We have basically found a quick-fix to eliminate the fault on startup and have not found the root cause. I have looked at previous threads by sammy_s and have played around with P086, P087 & P089 with any success.

Please assist with further suggestions.

Mr Electronics

Looks like your initial motorstart current may be too high.I would put an amp clamp on the offending phase(using the diagnostics) and measure the startup current.I had a similar problem with an AB unit and found that it was a setting for startup overcurrent,but your app is different.Also we went to a gear reducer to reduce startup tourque.