simple math

newguru

Guys I'm sure this is simple, its just not for me.
if an i/p is calibrated for 10-50ma input equals 6-50psi out. what is the out at 25ma?

What is the formula to get this?

Thanks in advance,
Jason

22.5 PSI

(( Current Value - 10 ma) / ( Max Current Value - Min Current Value)) x ( Max Output - Min Output) + 6 = Output

(( 25ma - 10ma) / ( 50ma - 10ma)) x ( 50 - 6) + 6 = Output
(( 15ma) / (40ma)) x (44psi)) + 6psi = output
(.375 x 44) + 6 = 22.5

tutu types faster then I do.

See attached for a handy tool

Last edited:
newguru said:
thanks, for the quick reply. Mickey the scaling chart is exactly what I needed.

Your welcome. The chart is not mine, I dowloaded it from this site. I'm not sure who gets the credit. Maybe he/she will check in and take a bow.

Mickey said:
Your welcome. The chart is not mine, I dowloaded it from this site. I'm not sure who gets the credit. Maybe he/she will check in and take a bow.
That's me. Check the Excel file properties.
I use it for calibration checking charts when I have the techs install instruments. What is handy is the PLC counts. If you are looking at the raw value in a register just check the chart. Or don't have a MA meter but have a voltmeter to check the loop and it has a 250 ohm resistor check volts in the chart. I carry a pencil type VOM and a 250 ohm resistor for quick checks. I also have a version of the Excel chart running on my pocket PC.