Simple Running Lights Counter Reset

Cslaver

Hi to all,

Please find attached a simple CFC circuit of running lights. The problem is that i cannot loop it and make the timer restart again. Can you please help me out.

bIn is a manual switch i.e. when turned on the timer starts for 1 second... Now how to make some sort of a latch so it will reset again and will do it over and over again?

Regards

untitled.jpg

Last edited:
bIn is a manual switch i.e. when turned on the timer starts for 1 second... Now how to make some sort of a latch so it will reset again and will do it over and over again?
You probably will need some additional logic. Think about this: If you do successfully make the timer reset and restart each time that it reaches one second, then what will be the effect on your running lights? TIP: The lights will go ON for 1 second, then OFF for a very short 1-PLC-scan pause, then the light goes ON again. The 1-scan pause will be so short that the light will probably not even appear to go off, but appear to be on continuously. That will defeat any goal of using the timer. You would do as well just to wire your bIn switch directly to the light output.

Now, probably what you really want is ON and OFF times, so that your running lights cycle on and off repeatedly. For that, you can use 2 timers, Timer 1 turns the lights ON for some time period (1 second), then triggers Timer 2, which runs for some OFF time (maybe 1 second?), then resets Timer 1, causing the cycle to repeat.

You can do a ON-OFF cycle with one timer, if you use comparison instructions. For example, set the timer for 2 seconds, then use a comparison instruction that looks at the timer value. When Timer <= 1, turn lights ON. When Timer > 1, turn lights OFF, then reset timer and repeat.

Last edited:
..and this is how I would build a Blinking output with ON and OFF times.In the attached CFC I have set both as 1 second. You can adjust them according to your needs. In this CFC The output (%QX0.0) blinks as long as the input(%IX0.0) is high.

Hope these two examples give you an idea to solve your problem.

On_Off_CFC.jpg

Last edited: