slc 150 to RS Logic

vf816

Good morning forum
I have been trying to convert an old SLC 150 program to a RS Logic 500 program. And I was hoping for some feedback on what I have done so far. (I am still in the learning process) Attached is what I have completed so far. And the first half of the original file. I will post 2nd half separate to large as PDF to do at one time.
The machine is an empty bottle De Palletizer. It is loaded with a pallet of bottles 300-400 per layer 10-13 layers per pallet .They are swept off onto a hoist elevator one layer at a time which lowers them down to an accumulation table. Where they continue on into the filling room.
Thanks for any and all feedback.
Jeff

Jeff,

After only having a brief look through, one thing I would suggest is trying to break up the program into smaller program files.

So rather than having one program file with every bit of code in it, split it into smaller more manageable program files that mean something.

This will make it far easier for fault finding etc.....

Mark

This is why I am here I always learn something useful.
Thank you.That make perfect sense.

i would also split the file data structure into different files also.

use the b3,t4,c5 files for general use
station 1 - b13, t14,c15,r16
station 2 - b23, t24, c25, r26
see the pattern. that way, if you have 5 stations that are identical, you only have to learn only one station.

Dont forget RUNG COMMENTS - very inportant
We use all caps - many of the machanics (myself included) don't see as well as we used to.

regards,
james