SLC 5/04 - Added 1746-BAS faults CPU

Hi Dave,

I can't quite tie up my flashes to those in the manual (which version manual/version should I be looking at ?).

After the first set of flashes as the CPU tries to start up, I get into a regular pattern as below :-

Fault LED on steady, with DH+ LED flashing (probably has no meaning in this context ?) along with FORCE flashing.

These alternate between flashing on their own and flashing along with the Batt and RS232 LEDs.

Does that make any sense ?

Regards
Dave

Dave,

Auto-config does not re-establish comms, I think I probably tried that along the way too, but I have just confirmed that it does not help - eventually, after a number of power resets, things work again.

Regards
Dave

Mickey,

a poll will be interesting - I've seen your other post. Can I be the first to vote for "Operator Error" ? - That's where my money would be :)

Anyway, thanks to Dave's help, I should be able to confirm one way or another by next weekend, so, let's see how many get it right !

Regards
Dave

Before I vote in the poll, I need one last information.
You dont have PSU, CPU or Rack to swap, but you can move the BAS to another slot. If you do that (and download a matching HW config), then what happens ?

edit: And good night !

Jesper,

hedging your bets ? :)

OK, not that I think it will make a difference (bearing in mind that I can have the PLC fail with no BAS module configured/installed), I'm off to make the config change and see what happens if I move the BAS module !

Regards
Dave