SLC 5/05 communication with Powerflex 700 drives

SPARKYMG

Could I have some opinions on the best way to integrate powerflex 700 drives to an older SLC 5/05 on ethernet. From what I am being told the MSG function from the SLC to the drive needs to be scheduled one at a time which will cause drive performance delays. I could have 9 drives starting at once and cannot afford any communication delays. Another option I hear is to install a compact logix controller to control the drives and MSG from the SLC to the compact logix controller apparently here I only need one MSG instruction to send to the compact logix controller. The other option put forward is to hardwire the start, stop signals and analog output signals for the speed reference. I do not have any programming experience and would appreciate your thoughts for the best integration without performance loss. Thanks for your time.

I thought there is a way to broadcast a message to multiple devices but I’ve never had to do it so I don’t know how.

I too have just inherited a project do this. I'll let you know if I find anything usable.