SLC 5/05 Ethernet Problems

host name

Try using a host name without .'s Try PLC or something. I cant seem to find the access name config anywhere above. But anyways, it needs to be configured as stated. I dont believe its an issue from wonderware to abtcp tho, as it seems to be getting the request from wonderware.

For the access config I meant that it is as you had stated above. Where do I put the host name at since I am now not using the AB_ETH driver which is where I was originally placing the IP in the Host name column.

hosts

There is a file called hosts, that needs to have the host name and ip address entered in it. It is located somewherre in your windows directory. It should contain an example line as well.

To avoid confusion:

dilkep said:
Where do I put the host name at since I am now not using the AB_ETH driver which is where I was originally placing the IP in the Host name column.

I am reading this as you are still wanting to use RSLinx in the programming PC. :confused:

When Matthias is referring to "hosts" he is talking about in the HMI PC.
Forget about the AB_ETH driver in RSLinx! 🔨

Understood. The reason I referred to the AB_ETH driver was because that is where I had originally placed the IP in the host name column under the driver config. I am looking in XP (on the HMI) to find host. I have a file called host displayed in notepad, it has a couple of examples and then "127.0.0.1 localhost". Is this where I change to my actual IP and give it a name?

Sure is

Yea, that is where to enter the host name, use the same format that the example is in. This is the only way hosts works on windows, using it rslinx was only for rslinx aware programs. Also, use a name, not an IP address as the host name.

Matt

Ok, I've done everything you guys have suggested, the AB tech rep says I have the SLC configured correctly, the Wonderware rep says it is configured properly. What am I missing?

Run down

Ok, lets recap here.

Go ahead and give me screen shots of..

1) Access Name config
2) ABTCP config
3) Hosts file
Oh, on this, make sure its not a HOSTS.SAM still, sometimes windows makes this a sample file, and may not have the right extention (which is nothing). Make sure you have show extentions marked on windows. (im not that familiar with XP)
4) The Tag config screen for the tag you are using.

To take a screen capture, you hit, cntrl-print screen I believe (maybe alt-print screen). This copies the screen to your clipboard. You can paste this clipboard into paint or the like and then save it as a jpg. Then you can post the jpgs here.

Matt

More info...I loaded RSLinx onto the HMI computer and can configure the AB_ETH driver and it talks perfect to the PLC - I am sending and receiving packets. I guess what that tells me is that the HMI PC & PLC are configured to be on a network together given the proper setup of drivers. Here are some snapshots...

abplc.jpg