Slc 501

I've had the UIC faulted where everything appeared to be OK drivers install, lights indicate etc however would not communicate had to replace the UIC

I've had the UIC faulted where everything appeared to be OK drivers install, lights indicate etc however would not communicate had to replace the UIC

I just reinstalled my uic driver, rslinx and replaced my ethernet cable and it started to work, so i'm suspecting it was the cable. thanks to all with your input and knowledge

I just reinstalled my uic driver, rslinx and replaced my ethernet cable and it started to work, so i'm suspecting it was the cable. thanks to all with your input and knowledge

Your welcome.

God to hear all is well now.

Thanks for all you for guys posting your questions and answers here on this site. My case is like this: I connected a straight through cable (pin 3 and 6 are included) between rj45 port of 1747-UIC and SLC 5/01 port, cable lenght is 3meters. But Rslinx cannot detect the presense of SLC 5/01 at the RsWho. I sure that I configured the 1747-UIC correctly because after attempting to connect to SLC 5/01 which failed, I successfully connected to other DH485 device using the DB9 port of the 1747-UIC. My question now, is it possible for the DB9 port to still work if the rj45 port of 1747-uic is defective due to pin 3 and 6 connection?

My question now, is it possible for the DB9 port to still work if the rj45 port of 1747-uic is defective due to pin 3 and 6 connection?

I'd say yes, but not likely. The first thing I would do is locate another CPU with the RJ45 port and attempt to connect to it. This would verify your hardware. Next thing is if you have the SLC 5/01 program already, check its port configuration offline.

Now I have good news and bad news.

The Good news is....
My 1746-uic is ok, it is working on other DH485(rj45) ports.

The Bad news...
The DH485(rj45) port of our SLC 5/01 is defective. I don't have a back-up program.

Please help me to find other ways.