SLC5/04 to Ethernet via RSLinx Gateway

Edwinsky

Hello.

I got an idea from the other thread but this is specific. This is for my self learning only. This is the setup on my test bench. My loptop is connected to slc 504 1747-L542 OS400 A via rs232 AB_DF1-1, DH485. The os is win xp, rslinx 2.51.00.21 (cpr7). The other computer, a desktop running on win98se and rslinx 2.20.01. Both computer has rslogix500 and are connected to our plant network. I want to go online on the desktop to the slc504 thru my laptop.

My question is is it possible on my setup?

I made some try and this is what I got.

On my loptop:

rslixn1.JPG

On my desktop:
rslinx2.jpg

I am stuck at this point, please help. If you need more information please ask me.

Thanks,
Edwin

The RSLinx Gateway computer (your laptop) makes its local drivers (the DF1 RS232 driver) available to other RSLinx users on your TCP/IP network.

When you select the online path in RSLogix 500, choose the SLC-5/04 icon under the ERAMOS computer's DF1-1 driver:

gateway_slc.GIF

Well, then, do that ! :) I did not realize that the browsing of the remote devices didn't result from the configuration of the Remote Devices driver.

Create a new driver, selecting the driver type as "Remote Devices via RSLinx Gateway". That will let you discover the laptop's Gateway server, then select which driver on it you want to use.

Remember that the Remote Devices via RSLinx Gateway is all the way at the bottom of the driver type selection list.

I got it Eddie. What I did is I removed the other ethernet driver and installed on both computers the Remote Devices via Gateway driver. A TCP1, DH485 appeared as new driver and I used that path to communicate to the SLC5/04.

I got a new knowledge.

Thanks a lot,
Edwin