SLC500 PID Loops

Murphy243

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi guys, im a sparky that is slowly getting into the PLC Programming side of things rather than just troubleshooting.

I have been asked to install some modulating valves on a couple of water tanks here at work,

The tanks have a 4-20mA level sensor at the moment which controls a solinoid valve to open at 40% and close at 70%.
What we want to do is use the modulating valves to keep the tank around 60%.

I understand how a PiD loop works but for the life of me cannot figure out how to set one up in the ladder logic!

Can anyone link me to some useful information on this on youtube or a website that relates specifly to the slc500?

thanks in advance for your help.

if the OP can post his existing program I'll be happy to take a look at it ...

even if the PID instruction hasn't been inserted yet, knowing the setups and addresses of the analog inputs and outputs would be helpful ...

Hi guys, i think ive got it nailed. after alot of google searches and reading i think ive go it sorted. now just got to get hold of a spare analog output card to test it with before i go playing with one of our running processors.

Thanks for your replies. :)