SLC500 software

APS to RS Logix

Searching for info, noticed this post 8 years and running, lol, but it is simular to my question now, just need to confirm some thought. I end up using several various softwares for various customer's exhisting controllers. Have been avoiding buying the RS Logix, but may be time as getting opportunities for more AB needs. I use to use the old APS and even older software for SLC100's. And still find a need to connect to those units running SLC100s and a current SLC500 1746A10 10-Slot Base, SLC 5/01. As well as running into a few of the MicroLogix controllers.
lol, sorry, the actual Question:
Is the latest RS Logix backwards compatible to all their older PLC's? And of course having a suitcase full of each of the compatible connection cords. And then of course the advantage of everything current.

RSLogix 500 is indeed backwards compatible to the older SLC 500 hardware.

The SLC100/150 products never actually used RSLogix or APS. They had an even older archaic software that some used in lieu of the more common hand held programmer. The SLC100/150 used software called PCIS. I forget the full part number, but it never used APS/RSLogix.

OG

Definitely one from the catacombs.

Search the forum using the keyword PCIS. There are a lots of threads on how to run PCIS in DoxBox under Windoze. There are also some links on how/where to download a free legal copy of PCIS, and at least one forum member even sells communication cables for the old SLC100.