SLC504 communication

ThomasGruetter

Lifetime Supporting Member
1747-L541 processor.
I was given a program to load into this PLC. When downloading via DF1 there's a message that the communication will be lost. The PLC communicates via DH+ to a Panelview 600.
When clicking on "Apply changes" communication is lost. I have to drain the backup capacitor to reset the unit to default. On the next downloaded I did not click on "apply changes" and then modified the DH+ address node online - this also lead to communication loss on DF1. Screenshots attached.
Can I connect via DH+ to the different nodes on the network. None of the PLC's on the network can be accessed via DF1.

Downloading Program.jpg Project setting.jpg Comm. Configuration is Different.jpg

I can't find anything different on serial configuration except that my original program has a higher baud rate than the default setting.
I also found this from one of your posts (2003):
Ok try to go online with the SLC. Open Rslogix500, open the program for this SLC. Then click on comm, then Who Active go online, select the processor then click go online. If you get online save the project. This should set the path allowing you to then download.
I did this and it shows the PLC but it wants to connect via DH+!

Reading some other posts I noticed bits S:34/0 and S:34/5 were set to 1 in my program.
This is new to me. I changed them to 0 and downloaded. Now it autoconfigures to SLC-CH0 etc. and all seems okay? However how can I connect/upload to the other PLC's on DH+ network. I will try using the pass through function with the KF-2 device in RSLinx?
If that works I guess the engineer who deployed this system connected to the PLC's that way

I can't find anything different on serial configuration except that my original program has a higher baud rate than the default setting.

You have found the problem.

Either change the offline program serial configuration to match your current connection..... or download the original then go to RSLinx > Configure Driver and establish the new connection.

Update:
I download the program with S34/0 = 1 and S34/5= 1 and loose communication on DF1-SLC-CH0. I then close Linx and reopen with no drivers running and create the DF1 and select Device 1770-KF2 - it does not connect to the PLC!
Looks to me the two bits have to be set to 1 so what could be the issue with my driver. Note there is no DH+ network, just the one processor in my test rack. But I should be able to connect to my SLC504?