SM331 AI module

Taiwo

i just connected a retransmitted signal 4-20mA from themperature controller to analog input of SM331KF020AB0.i noticed that when i scaled the signal using FC105. i did not get the counts as required from my PIW256. I expected my count at maximum temperature to read 27648, but rather it is not. What have i got wrong? pls help?;)

Hi,

Without knowing how you've configured or connected your device, it may be difficult to diagnose your problem.

A couple of things to check though. Have you set the physical coding plug for the module? (A/B/C or D). From memory, I think C is used for a loop powered 2 wire transmitter, but will check the manual for your card. Be aware that the channels are configured in pairs (0/1, 2/3 etc.) Have you configured the card in the HW config? Are you sure you have 4-20mA at the terminals (can you measure?).

Regards,

Rob

AI SM331 Module

hi,
i have configured the hardware, and i chose the right address and set the side black box to D (2 wire transmitter). the retranmitted signal is giving 4-20mA. I think it is being suppressed by the module. In my connections, i have opened all the other channels. can i need to short circuit them? if yes, please let me know how to do this. thank you very much. Taiwo

Hi,

Without knowing how you've configured or connected your device, it may be difficult to diagnose your problem.

A couple of things to check though. Have you set the physical coding plug for the module? (A/B/C or D). From memory, I think C is used for a loop powered 2 wire transmitter, but will check the manual for your card. Be aware that the channels are configured in pairs (0/1, 2/3 etc.) Have you configured the card in the HW config? Are you sure you have 4-20mA at the terminals (can you measure?).

Regards,

Rob

AI module.jpg

i later got it. i changed my connections to 4-wire. though i have no basis for it. but i got it right. thank you. Taiwo