Smart relay with GSM control

redhunter

Hi All
Anyone recommend a smart relay that can communicate via SMS (text) and using ladder logic programming? I have used Zelio gear a lot but they only do the comms via function block. I am an electrician that never got my head round that unfortunately. The application is quite basic so don't need a "proper" PLC. Have also delt with Horner but a bit too high spec and slow to program for my liking.
Thanks in advance.
Craig

take a look to unitronics jazz, it is plc, but not expensive one.
txt-messages have build in function, you need only proper cable between modem and plc.
you can gonfigure txt-messages directly as wroted, no need to go ascii coms.

For only couple txt mesages, it is maybe easier to use modem, with inputs. With smart relay put modem input on, and modem send configured message (usable for something like 2-4 different messages)

you might take a look at wavecom, they have got some modems that are programmable.

the unitronics units are pretty intuitive to, but you will still need a modem.

I did 6 months ago project for my plant to send SMS
Massages for different alarms (chillers, air compressors..). I used Unitronics PLC M91 + GSM modem type Anfora. All the programming was done from PLC software and I got support from my local distributer.
It is working excellent.
I don't have previous experience with Unitronics.

Hi Craig,
Yes I second the unitronics jazz.
These are sold by EMC, are pretty cheap ($300-500 depending on io) and EMC have excellent free support, ask for Steve George on the phone if you run into trouble.
Also software is a free download from unitronics website.
Cheers,
Daniel