SMC JXC91 drive and 1769-L35E (v15.3)

ADiaz

Good morning guys.

Im triying to communicate 4 JXC91 with a 1769-L35E AB CPU.

I already test the JXC91 with a newer AB CPU using eds files and works great.

I was researching about the connection with this older CPU so I create the JXC91 as a generic ethernet module in my program and define data type and and assembly instances as SMC indicate. (See pictures attached).

At my first try I put a wrong assembly instance and received a code error indicating invalid segment. (Wrong assembly instance number). After the correction I only received error code 16#0203, PLC try to stablish comms but without achive it.

Do you know if could be an incompatible problem because the PLC is too old? Should I use MSG instruction?

Captura.PNG Captura2.PNG

Those settings do look correct.

Can you PING or view the SMC device's webpage to verify that it is set for the correct IP address ?

Also try using the Windows PowerShell "test net connection" (tnc) to be sure that TCP Port 44818 is open on the SMC device.

In Studio 5000, delete the I/O connection entirely and create a new one with a new name to be sure nothing in the configuration is corrupted.

I cannot tell for sure from your screenshots, but I have seen instances where creating a Generic EtherNet/IP Module with incorrect parameters, then correcting them, led to an "abandoned" corrupted setting that you could not change (for electronic keying). Deleting, then re-creating, the connection fixed that problem.

Those settings do look correct.

Can you PING or view the SMC device's webpage to verify that it is set for the correct IP address ?

Also try using the Windows PowerShell "test net connection" (tnc) to be sure that TCP Port 44818 is open on the SMC device.

In Studio 5000, delete the I/O connection entirely and create a new one with a new name to be sure nothing in the configuration is corrupted.

I cannot tell for sure from your screenshots, but I have seen instances where creating a Generic EtherNet/IP Module with incorrect parameters, then correcting them, led to an "abandoned" corrupted setting that you could not change (for electronic keying). Deleting, then re-creating, the connection fixed that problem.

Thank you for your response.
I can ping SMC devices so IP is OK.
I will upgrade PLC firmware to rev20 next week on site. And test again using SMC EDS file (not Generic EtherNet/IP Module).

I will check also the TCP port that you commnet.

(Im using RSLogix 5000 not studio. Because of the PLC model).