Smoothing out an analog input

blackbird307

I am trying to make an input less jumpy. The monitored input has large spikes, and changes too fast. I am trying to smooth it out.

I am using connected components workbench.
I tried using the Average function block... but it seems to have done nothing?
I tried adjusting the analog input channel filtering but it doesn't seem to do much.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

an obvious thing is to try to keep the signal clean as filters are manipulating the signal in phase and speed, accuracy etc.

Similar Topics

Hello, I'm pretty new to RSLogix 500. I'm trying to smooth out the raw analog input. Current 4-20ma. I'm in an environment that I can not control...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am using a P1000 CPU (P1-540) with a P1-04DAL-2 and a P1-04ADL-2 I tried doing a data transfer now I am trying to scale them both...
Replies
Views
Mickey has posted a formula for doing this that a lot of people seem to make use of. Could somebody please give a simple "Ladder" diagram as to...
Replies
Views
Good Morning, So i have attached some really crude programming to try and work around my inability to smooth an anlog signal (actually several)...
Replies
Views
Good morning guys, So i know this is extremely basic, but im just starting our with analog signals and trying to wrap my head around it. I...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom