Solidstate Relay for hydraulic prop valve

The output pressure (or flow) of a proportional valve is proportional to the average current through it's solenoid not to the duty factor of the PWM. In addition there is a recommended PWM frequency for each valve, usually 100-200Hz, that's why they use drivers designed specifically for valves: they include current feed-back to compensate for variations of coil reistance and/or power supply voltage, adjustable PWM frequency, ramps and more. Check out: www.pwmcontrols.com

I assunme since this is several months old that he found a solution.

Not sure what you are saying, duty cycle of a PWM determines the voltage applied to the device, at least in this case, and can provide more resolution then he could get from his analog out.

I have used SSR's quite a few times in similar situations and did not think it that unusual myself.

Ron,

It could be circumstantial, but three posts all today, all on older threads. Two listed the same website as a solution. The web site sells
Proportional Valve Drivers and his handle is driver.

Personally I think the way that ndzied1 and DickDV represent themselves by announcing that they work for a distributor is a very classy thing to do.

I just caught that too, getting slow in my old age.

Well, driver, why not tell it like it is and quit trying to be incognito while advertising. Posts made just to advertise are actually not allowed and it may bother some here that may be future customers.

You can be open here and add your company's website to your signature. If there are posts, recent preferably, where your product will work please feel free to provide the information and/or assistance.