Spectrum Controls

CENTER

Lifetime Supporting Member
Are there any problems using Spectrum controls universal analog modules with AB MicroLogix 1400 that anyone has experienced.

I've used Spectrum universal input and output cards, but it was because I had a specific signal need that wasn't covered by the standard AB modules. They work just fine except you need to take some additional programming steps to write the module configuration to the card - it doesn't configure the same way. I've never had any reliability or application problems with them though.

I used them in SLC family. Never any problems. I would probably use this if I hadn't started started down the road that if my local supply house doesn't stock multiples I try not to use them.
I am a system integrator so I had multiple customers in multiple fields. Metal stamping, robotic welding, waste water, prisons, etc. So I try to keep a low profile on the parts list I use now.