Stanley Drivers - A Little OT but not too much.......

MartB

Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm looking for a little help with a Stanley Assembly driver controller. specifically the QPM Alpha driver.
I'm trying to set up a stand alone system that will simply torque a flywheel nut on a small engine, but for some reason, even though I've given it a start signal from the PLC (Micrologix) the thing still doesn't want to run.
It's my first time using one of these controllers and I've read the manual but i'm still struggling.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, been there, done that already, apparently this thing is so new even Stanley Automation's application engineers aren't fully aware of it! Well for the most part anyway. The one guy who can help me is on vacation this week and i'd really like to be done with this before the week's out if possible.

hooray for customer support training ;-)

Is this the manual? http://www.stanleyassembly.com/documents/en/DG-ADS-210ENv4.pdf

If so you need to provide more details. What method are you using to start? A pushbutton, plc discrete output, devicenet, ethernet???

If using 24vdc discrete outputs you have to do 2 things.
1. Verify that the parameters are set for remote operation.
2. Use the 24vdc power of the controller.

With more details someone may be able to help.

Yes, that's the manual I have in front of me right now.

Yes, I'm using 24vdc discrete outputs (Micrologix plc).

And in answer to the 2 things I have to do:
1. How is that achieved ?
2. I am.

Thanks

I havent seen that particular unit. I do use several stanley drivers and a couple dozen Tech Motive drivers. I get all my service and support from Kentucky Air Tool.
Kentucky Air Tool
Address: 3600 Chamberlain Ln, Louisville, KY Phone:(502) 429-5590
They are probably 30 mins or so from you. Ask for Ricky.

Bob

Thanks for the tip - I'll give them a try in the morning.

Thanks to everyone who hasn't called me stupid yet! o_O (which would be just about everyone else in the immediate vicinity).

I knew I'd come to the right place for help.(y)