Steeplechase and Logix

cking2729

Hello,
I am working with a customer who is hoping to interface Steeplechase VLC with a Logix processor. Steeplechase will need to be able to access tag data from the Logix processor, either by Steeplechase reading or Logix writing. It doesn't really matter which comm protocol is used....be it DeviceNet, EtherNet/IP......even OPC is a possibility if it is somehow able to get the data into Steeplechase.

I am by no means a Steeplechase expert, but I can work my way around it. I'm hoping someone here has info or experience on how I could configure getting data between the two. If perhaps anyone knows how to set up a write message in Logix to Steeplechase....or set up Steeplechase to access the data via a DeviceNet, EtherNet, etc...that would be TREMENDOUSLY helpful!

I've only replaced Steeplechase systems and never had to commission new but they still pop up every once in a while and are still in business here in Ann Arbor. I would call them at 734-975-8100.