Step 7 GRAPH examples

SIMATIC PANIC

can any one tell me where i can get the step7 GRAPH examples that should come with the software when you buy it. when i installed the software it spit out some manulas you can work through and get to learn a lil about it on your own using thier worked examples that should come with it, the manuals refer to an example called"Z_drill" and others as well,howevre there are no examples to be found on my PC or the CD. please help....thanks

They should show up on the sample projects tab when you click the "open" button. They're labelled ZEn02_01_S7GRAPH_Drill and ZEn02_02_S7GRAPH_Wash

ok thanks, ill try that, however i did a find search om my drive to c if that file u listed about he drill existed, and no luck, could it be its becuase the file is in ip format and the search can only find the zipped file name??

thanks

It should have automatically been retrieved (as a Step7 project) into the sample project folder in the Step7 folder structure.

The trouble is that the names only show up when you use the open file menu command in Simatic Manager and then click on the rider "Examples".

In my (German) version the actual file name for the Drill program is "ZDt02_01" where the Dt stands for Deutsch. If you repeat your search with "ZEn02_01" you should find it OK.

a million thanks to you, i was able to find it in the Zen_02_01 folder, thanks alot, the trick is to zip up that folder then use th retrive and placing the folder in the project file then opening it, again thank you very much.

your friend

SIMATIC PANIC

I can't help feeling something went wrong somewhere, Simatic Panic. Your "trick" is like saying the trick to driving a car is to take all the wheels off, move them round by one position and then put them all back on again. This isn't necessary.

When you do File / Open in Simatic Manager, you should get a dialogue box with 4 tabs: Projects, Libraries, Sample Projects, and Multiprojects. Whenever you install new software packages in to STEP7 (e.g. S7 GRAPH, SCL, comms packages, FM configuration s/w etc), these will always have examples provided which will be accessible from the 'Sample Projects' tab. You can use them from there exactly as you would any other project. Siemens' convention is to name them all with an initial 'Z' followed by a two-letter code denoting the language the example has been written in. RMA referred to this with his 'ZDt' in German, as opposed to 'ZEn'. There's also 'ZFr', 'ZEs' and, my personal favourite,'ZIt' - did nobody ever tell them?!

Regards

Ken.