Step 7 - Missing Software Packages

Hal9000

Hi there,

I have installed standard Step 7 v5.5 and opened up my customers multi-project.

I get a notification that states the following software packages are missing:

S7-SCL
WinCC (Component Object Manager)

I noticed that the project was developed in Step 7 V5.4.

Q1 - If I'm not editing any of the SCL blocks can I still download the existing SCL blocks to the PLC now that I'm at version 5.5? Or would I need to upgrade to Professional or buy the SCL add-on?

Q2 - With regard to WinCC. Do I need to be concerned about the WinCC component? I'm only modifying a PLC not SCADA.

Best regards,

Hi,

Q1) The SCL blocks are compiled to AWL, so you can transfer them without problem.

Q2) WinCC integration only helps to modify with the projects.

Best regards,
Kelkoon