Step 7: Module start address

Andrew Hardy

I have an old Siemens program to modify. It was written in Step7 V5.5, and I want to use DP_SEND and DP_RECV (SFC14 and 15). I have downloaded from the Siemens website their example project "consistent"

In the help file for SFC14 I need to enter the CPLADDR (module start address) which it says can be found in the configuration table, looking in the example project it contains the value W#16#110 but I cannot see where in any of the hardware config this value appears.

So, where does the module start address appear in the hardware config?

Sorry but something does not match up.
SFC14 and SFC15 are DPRD_DAT and DPWR_DAT, not DP_SEND and DP_RECV.
So what exactly are you intending to do ?

Send and receive data consistently for Profibus or Profinet devices that address I/O in blocks greater than 4 Bytes, and via the integrated DP or PN port ?
In that case DPRD_DAT and DPWR_DAT.

Update the process image of a CP345-2 or CP343-1 for the attached DP or PN IO ?
In that case DP_SEND and DP_RECV.

My mistake, sorry!
The example program uses DP_SEND and DP_RECV, not DPRD_DAT and DPWR_DAT

However the question is still the same - where is the module start address in the hardware config?

And my questions also have not changed.
JesperMP said:
So what exactly are you intending to do ?
Send and receive data consistently for Profibus or Profinet devices that address I/O in blocks greater than 4 Bytes, and via the integrated DP or PN port ?
[or]
Update the process image of a CP345-2 or CP343-1 for the attached DP or PN IO ?

I need to transfer ~30 bytes from the master to the slave and ~ 16 bytes from the slave to the master. If possible I would like this to appear as IO at either end, but if that is not possible, then I will set up DBs for send and receive at either end. The DP port is the one on the processors, the master is a 315-2 DP and the slave is a 314C-2DP

In that case it is DPWR_DAT and DPRD_DAT in both PLCs, or arrange the addresses within the process image of either PLC.

In the 314C-2DP you have to configure the MPI/DP port as DP slave and setup the transfer areas.
In the 315-2DP you have to add the 314C-2DP from the 'configured stations' to the DP network. If the 315-2DP and 314C-2DP are in separate STEP7 projects you have to create a dummy 314C-2DP in the 315-2DP project.

If the IO addresses are outside the process image in either of the PLCs you have to use DPWR_DAT and DPRD_DAT in the respective PLC.
LADDR is the first logical address of the consistent input or output that are to be transferred.

edit: If you chose the IO addresses within the process image, then you can use the IO addresses directly.
Make it easy for yourself and do that.

I've set it up so that the master slave IO addresses are within the PIO range on both PLCs. The parameter that I (still) can't see / work out is CPLADDR the start address of the module, rather than LADDR (the start address of the IO bytes configured for the module)