step register help in Rslogix5000

stu

Hi guys
I have never done a step register so I need help . I have a compact logix plc which I've been asked to add an extra function.the machine puts packs into a box then moves to the glue station then the weigh station and if the weight is not right it rejects the box . What they want is a test function that when the machine is in cycle we press a button to add 1 to the count so it will be a light weight box so when it gets to the reject station we can make sure it does reject light weight boxes but I thought I would need to track the box to make sure it does reject .what is the best was to do this any example so. Thanks for your time. stu

It sounds like you want to Parallel the reject signal from the weigh station with a button. If the existing system rejects then the tracking should already be set. I think you should only need to add the button with a one shot to latch the reject bit that the weigh station sets for bad weight. Hard to say with out seeing the reject code.

Is the reject solenoid activated by something at the bit level or is it activated by comparision at the word level?

Sorry for the delay , I have got the pack to reject now what the next plan is now to monitor the box with that has one pack less,
I have a sensor to show the box is at the loading station, then the box moves to the glue station where theis a sensor and then the weighing station also a sensor , how would I go about using a FFL and FFU To track the box ? Does this make sense ? Thanks for all your help,stu