Strain your brain. Writing formulas.

No income tax, no capital gains tax. Freedom!
In the thead about the volume of a cone I showed a formula

Pos(t) = a + b*t + c*pow(t,2) + d*pow(t,3)+e*pow(t,4) + f*pow(t,5)

that I said was not optimal. I am surprised that no one asked how to write this formula the correct way.

So what is the correct way? What difference does it make? The correct technique can be applied in CPT blocks, statement list or even in ladder.

I cheated. You already posted that somewhere else. I don't think it was on this forum, though. I must admit it is a much better way of approaching the problem than using the exponent.

Keith

Similar Topics

If you have an encoder and you want to calculate acceleration, how do you do it? What resolution do you need? What kind of sample interval do...
Replies
Views
Customer does not want any silo penetrations. Hates level sensors on top of silos. No capacitance sensors either. Would be great if it had...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm currently working on a project where I need to read values off my 0-3kg Strain Gauge and display them on my HMI display. I've...
Replies
Views
Hey all, Another weird one. Long story short, I need to find a way to strain relief a phoenix/euroblock connector that will be getting a lot of...
Replies
Views
This is 99% a structural design flaw, but most people here have the capacity to manage this. First, some R&D background. I have a strain gauge...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom