Phoenix Connector Strain Relief

marv_tech

Hey all,

Another weird one. Long story short, I need to find a way to strain relief a phoenix/euroblock connector that will be getting a lot of in-out cycles (being used as part of a service procedure)

It is a 6 pin female phoenix connector on the cable. The cable it is attaching to is just 6 22-awg wires with adhesive-heatshrink at the moment. My current best idea is to file down an 8 pin connector on the pin side and use the screw terminals to clamp a wire loop, then somehow attach the wire loop to my cable.

Another thought I had was cutting some slots between the pins and looping some fine wire through that and then sandwiching with heatsrink on my cable, but this seems like a pain.

Any thoughts are welcome, thanks for your time.

There are euroblock connectors with a strain relief support, where you can just zip tie your cable.

But if you are going to plug and unplug it a lot, using something like a compact Harting/ILME connector, or even a basic M12 connector, you can have them in push to fit models would offer you a more robust solution.