Stratix 5700 Connection Request Error: Invalid segment type

ckaffer85

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello everyone,

I am trying to add a Stratix 5700 Switch (1783-BMS06TA)to my PLC project (I am working with a 1769-L23E processor ). When adding a module with the latest revision (6.1) I get a message that states: "Failed to modify properties. Failed to set the 'Data' property (Value too large).

When I add a revision that doesn't give me that error (i.e. 1.1-4.1), I receive a fault code of 16#0315 "Connection Request Error: Invalid segment type.

How do I find the correct revision for the a new 5700 and is it possible to add switch to the project.

Also, side note, everything on the network seems to be communicating properly (HMI, Robot, Camera, and PLC).

Thanks in advance, Prost!
Chris

You must have the latest Stratix firmware to use v6 profile.
You also should verify that you have the latest AOP installed.
I would recommend to open Device Manager (webpage) or RSLinx and check FW revision.

I have got mine added to the project successfully after installing the EDS and AOP (both downloaded from Rockwell site) using an L32E.

The switch says firmware 15.0(2)ea1 when I go into the browser page to Maintenance/Update Firmware. However there was no option for this (only 1-5 major) in Logix 5000 V18. So I right clicked on the device in rs linx and properties showed 3.1. I entered this in logix and also entered the password for data connection.

The switch says firmware 15.0(2)ea1
This is Cisco IOS revision, you need to get CIP revision from the webpage.
if RSlinx shows 3.x, then it means CIP rev 3

In any case, your IOS revision is very old, current rev is 15.2(4)EA and should be used.