Stratix 5700 won't allow a management VLAN other than 1 during setup

plcbeginner1

I have been having an issue with assigning the management VLAN other than the default 1 to my stratix 5700 switch. I go through the express set up (medium button press) after the switch has been reset back to factory settings, use bootp to assign the IP to the switch, disable dhcp and such using bootp, open up the device manager in a new tab by typing in the new IP, assign the new management VLAN as something other than one, then when I click submit (after entering the password), the page just hangs. It doesn't redirect back to the dashboard and if I close out of the page and try to access the page it never connects. When I ping the IP it says the destination host unreachable.

Any help or idea of why this happening is very much appreciated, thanks.

(I am also connected directly to the switch via ethernet so there isnt a connection issue, and I have done this process several times before so this instance is rather puzzling for me)