Stratix 8300 Switch

DoubleL

Hi Guys,
I know there are some network gurus out there that can help me.

I have a machine network which includes a Compact Logix, 2 Powerflex 700s drives, 3 powerflex 40 drives, and a Wonderware HMI computer. These are connected to an unmanaged switch which is connected to a Stratix 8300. I am trying to set the Stratix switch up so that my network is viewed through the FA1/1 -4 ports and use the Gi1 ports for connection to an outside network with a different IP where I can access my network through a VPN.

I have two Vlans with one setup with My network ip which is 192.168.1.254 SN 255.255.255.0

Can anyone give me a way to do this in simple terms?o_O

I have tried for two days with no luck. My engineer has had this working but I'll be darned if I can make it work.

I have been trying to connect my computer to simulate an outside connection but cannot ping through to the machine network

Any help would be appreciated

Make sure the inter vlan routing checkbox is checked.

Also each vlan must have a default gateway configured for each vlan you wish to route

This will route broad vlan to vlan if you want only specific ip addys to route then you have to set that up in the cli interface which is a bit more involved if your not a classic Cisco nerd.