STRATIX5700 DLR configuration

ahmeduqat

HI

I have a stratix 5700 switch 1783-BMS10CGA and I am asking if I can configure it to do a ring topology. So what can I do to configure it. I have read some thing like Device Level Ring and a supervisor mode but I don't have an icon in my config parameters.

Thank you.

I have a PLC that supports DLR mode as a supervisor If I use it with two 1734-AENTR point I/O. Do you think that it can works as a topology?

Regards.

Yes, you can connect a PLC and two 1734-AENTR in a DLR loop. However if you need to be able to also connect to those devices externally (either for programming or to connect them to a wider plant network), you'll need to include either a 1783-ETAP or a DLR-supporting switch.

The role you want for your two DLR ports on the Stratix are "Multiport Automation Device", but you will likely find out if you don't set this right. Also make sure all devices on the ring are set to the same speed - Either 100Mbps or 1Gbps, but not mixed.

The role you want for your two DLR ports on the Stratix are "Multiport Automation Device", but you will likely find out if you don't set this right. Also make sure all devices on the ring are set to the same speed - Either 100Mbps or 1Gbps, but not mixed.
This is not exactly correct advise:
First, switch must have a hardware to be able to support DLR.
If it does, then this advise is valid. the OP does not have DLR support SKUs.