String transfer from CompactLogix to Micrologix

I wanted to add something to this as I was in error again with my previous statement.

When I said I took out the SWP that I had on the ML end and it worked, I was wrong again. I but the SWP back in and it only works if I trigger the SWP instruction separately, with a different bit. If I leave the SWP with no separate trigger bit I get the value of 011673551090 instead of the original string value of 106137550109.

it needs to be swapped exactly once, immediately after each new transfer of data.

Or you could never swap the data MSGed from the CompactLogix, and instead BOTH CPW those MSGed data (N7:51,length=41) to the string (.DATA[0],length=41), AND swap the string .DATA on every scan. CPU cycles are cheap.

-

Last edited:

Similar Topics

What I am triying to do is to transfer and display on the PV600 values stored in strings on the PLC, and viceversa being abble to doing text input...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm trying to connect WinCC Pro to SQL server through OBDC. Everything is okie, I'm able to transfer number, DateTime and even a direct...
Replies
Views
I need to transfer string data from a MicroLogix 1100 to a ControlLogix 5000 L72 system. The string data resides in File ST9:0 on the MicroLogix...
Replies
Views
I know I'm doing something wrong here, but for the life of me I can't get the Omron Designer Software to see the String Data in the NJ (Also...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have created a String variable in VBScript. I don't know the String's length, because it is changing during Runtime. But let's say it's...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom