String Values In Twidosuite

Jon R

I am currently setting up a Magelis touchscreen and Twido PLC.

I have previously done this one an Idec PLC and screen but just used the PLC ladder logic and data registers with comparison functions so thias is a bit new to me.

I have written a script on the HMI to password protect a function, however I am currently using an internal variable in the panel and if the power is lost to the panel the user and password information is lost.

I know you can use memory words(%MW) to store ASCII values but from the Twidosuite help document you can only store two characters for every 16 bit word, which I am guessing would involve scripting to breakdown the user name and password.

Has anyone done this before?

Jon.

The magelis touchscreen has a built in user name and password function. What excactly is it you want to protect with the password

I read a bit about the built in security but I want to protect just one button that controls what the user can do. Basically it is an interlock control on several sets of gates.

I thought that the security was invoked at panel startup i.e. you have to login. Is this not the case?

I also want to be able to change the password without the use of a PC, which I was going to do by creating an admin user and letting them change the string value, which is another reason why I want to store the data in the PLC and not the screen.

Jon.

Once you have created ur button, at the operation tab select system and select login.
2. In the navigator under enviroment,and under security creat a new user with user name and password.
3.While security is still selected look at the property inspector and select (next to target security) "use security"
4. Then go back to the buttons properties and under advanced select the user you created to be able to switch the buttons.

One thing you just need to be sure of is with the use of some button to log the user out. I normally create from the password protected button another panel and in that panel you have all the protected data. On the exit or return button off the panel I use it to return to the previous panel and log the user out.

If you need more or my explanation is up the tree dont hesitate to reply. I will find out about changing the user name and password from the hmi.

Alternatively I have done password protection from a twido to the Magelis but find the built in functions way easier

Dammit 2 min after posting I remembered about the "user manager". Look in the toolchest there is a folder "security" with the login and logout default buttons with a user manager table. You can change password of any user from there.
Next to the button you want protected past the login button from the toolchest. Once the user has logged in he will be able to operate that button. Just remember to exit the page with the logout button