Studio 5000 ver 34 oddity

robertmee

Lifetime Supporting Member
Did Rockwell change something with search/replace?

I copied a routine and just needed to replace "1A" with "1B" for example for all the tags in the routine. All tags 1B exist already. Works fine except the search/replace skips MESSAGE type tags in MSG instructions. I copied the logic into Studio 32 and it works fine as expected. Checked KB and didn't see anything about it. Checked Tools/Options and didn't see anything pertinent. Nothing in the Search/Replace options that I see.

Tags are all controller scope, Read/Write, Standard. Every other tag replaces but MESSAGE tags. Even if I directly click on tag and do Find/Replace it doesn't find it. Lastly, If I just do a find, it also reports 0 instances. Here's a pic after I manually changed it to 1B and it doesn't find it still.

NM....I'm an idiot....Whole word was inadvertently checked. Since MESSAGE instructions can't be part of a UDT, I forgot this one tag wasn't a 1B.xyz but a 1B_MSG.

Last edited:
You know, strangely, that exact same thing bit me just this week, with that box being checked, and I'm sure I never checked it. I was on v35, not v34, but the timing is waaaaay to coincidental for my liking.

What do you think the likelihood is that a recent windows update poked around in a registry setting somewhere and checked everyone's boxes?

You know, strangely, that exact same thing bit me just this week, with that box being checked, and I'm sure I never checked it. I was on v35, not v34, but the timing is waaaaay to coincidental for my liking.

What do you think the likelihood is that a recent windows update poked around in a registry setting somewhere and checked everyone's boxes?

Interesting...because like you, I never check whole word. Mine is on a VM, but I know it updated last week.