Studio Version to avoid ?

TheWaterboy

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
I recall there was some issue with a Studio 5K version above v32 that I should avoid. I don't recall what it was but they jumped a major rev number pretty quick.
I'm replacing my old dev station and I haven't done any project on it above v32 yet so if I need to avoid one, which one is it?

Yes there was notification of version V32 and others. More info the this thread

Recently I have used V32.04 with compactlogix L320, so far no issues.

My 2 largest customers have settled on v32.04 for the last year or better, I haven't had any issues with it.
I've used v33, v34, and recently v35 with no issues.
I run the monthly patch roll-up from RA.

Hmmm I wonder what I'm thinking about then. Maybe I'm remembering that one in the 20 somethings then...

Patch rollup? Do you get notified about that via some message or do you have to look for it every month?

v34 is when they changed the mnemonics right? Thats gonna drive me nuts.

If you got the very first version of 33 (33.00.00) which was only on the download site for a few hours then taken down. (I have a copy of it still) it has major issues with controller faults. RA replaced it with (33.00.01) in a matter of hours. I think perhaps they uploaded the wrong build or something...

Not sure if that is what you are thinking, most people did not have the chance to download it.

In the history of logix I've had best luck with 20.04, 28 (last ver), 32.04, and 34 (last ver).

21 was garbage, especially the .03 to .04 transition and compatibility.

Hmmm I wonder what I'm thinking about then. Maybe I'm remembering that one in the 20 somethings then...

Patch rollup? Do you get notified about that via some message or do you have to look for it every month?

v34 is when they changed the mnemonics right? Thats gonna drive me nuts.
I just check monthly for the roll-up.
The mnemonic changes starts with v36.
1711379141494.png

I agree, this is going to take some time to get used to. Most of the work I do is with V24 - V32 and when I have to work in V36 it will be a nightmare.

Version 20 & 21 both had the .03 debacle. They did a better job resolving it with v20 though.

I used v21 for a long time and was quite happy with it. When I finally changed my preferred version, it was to v28. I still go back to v28 often as I have a lot of customers using it. And I am so used to the GUI in the versions before v31. Getting used to the new interface though.

As with any of these, get the latest rev.

OG