Studio View Designer pushbutton programming glitches

Aloescher

Hi all -

(Using Logix Designer 33.01, View Designer 8.01 on PV5310)

I'm having trouble with pushbuttons either not appearing (in emulator or on HMI after download) or appearing in a different location on screen.

When I copy and paste a pushbutton to modify and use it elsewhere on the screen, sometimes they don't appear at all in emulator or HMI screen after download. (See Screen1 Designer View.jpg and Screen 1 view after download.jpg attached below)

When I create more than one pushbutton on the same screen, sometimes it appears in a different place on the screen then where it was placed in design. Is this a Windows glitch? There are no other objects on the screen that would be interfering with the pushbuttons. (See Screen2 with 2 pushbuttons and no other objects.jpg and Screen2 with 2 pushbuttons and no other objects after download.jpg)

Andrew

Screen1 Designer View.jpg Screen 1 view after download.jpg Screen2 with 2 pushbuttons and no other objects.jpg Screen2 with 2 pushbuttons and no other objects after download.jpg Another screen with no problems.jpg

Last edited:
Workaround, but not a fix

I'm still not sure why this is happening, but I did find a workaround.

I can copy and paste buttons (with a "binding" tag), move them where I want them FIRST, and THEN modify the tags. Then they appear when I emulate or download. If I copy and paste buttons (with a "binding" tag) and modify the tags BEFORE I move them, they don't appear on the screen when I emulate or download.

If I create new buttons, move them where I want them FIRST, then add a binding tag, they stay put. If I create new buttons, add binding tags, THEN move them, they will always appear in emulation or download in the original location they were placed.

Anyone know why this is?

You are binding X/Y properties, correct?

EDIT: And when you say you 'modify the tags' are you changing the binding to a new tag, or adjusting the value of the tag?

Wow, I can't believe I missed that. I am binding the X/Y properties. That's why they're not appearing correctly, because I was copying buttons with bound tags and X/Y properties, physically moving them, but not changing the X/Y properties after the fact. So the pasted buttons retained their copied X/Y location.

Thanks for catching that!