studio5000 day of week

rgraham

The day of week program started changing day of week 2 hours early. It changes at 10 P.M. instead of 12A.M. Just started this year.

Are you talking about using the WallClockTime object, the PLC code that generates "Day Of The Week", or are you getting "Day Of Week" to the PLC from a HMI/SCADA?

I'm using the plc time and it's on eastern time. The clock time is right. The data moves like it supposed too just the day bit changes at hour 22.

Can you show what you are looking at when you say "it's on eastern time" and when you say "the clock time is right?"

Can you show the logic that the PLC uses to choose when to move the data? Does that logic use GSV WALLCLOCKTIME/DateTime or WALLCLOCKTIME/LocalDateTime?

Where are you getting the DOW from.?
Are you using the AOI/sample code.?

The GSV be default does not have a DOW function that I can recall.

Are you talking about using the WallClockTime object, the PLC code that generates "Day Of The Week", or are you getting "Day Of Week" to the PLC from a HMI/SCADA?
I'm getting day of week from logic that Rockwell has written for day of week.
It's using the plc wall clock.

Can you show what you are looking at when you say "it's on eastern time" and when you say "the clock time is right?"

Can you show the logic that the PLC uses to choose when to move the data? Does that logic use GSV WALLCLOCKTIME/DateTime or WALLCLOCKTIME/LocalDateTime?
I'm looking at the PLC's date and time where you set time and date. I'm getting day of week from logic that Rockwell has written for day of week.

I'm getting day of week from logic that Rockwell has written for day of week.

I'm looking at the PLC's date and time where you set time and date. I'm getting day of week from logic that Rockwell has written for day of week.

Can you show the code? I mean, do a screen shot and show the actual code (UDFB? AOI?) that calculates the day of the week.

Also, can you show a concurrent pair of [GSV/WallClockTime/LocalDateTime, GSV/WallClockTime/DateTime] values?

Also the local time of day at which you retrieved those values.

Looking at the DOW L5K Rockwell supplies (the one I have is for v17), it looks as though the GSV is using the DateTime attribute instead of LocalDateTime. This would mean that the calculation is using UTC (Coordinated Universal Time) time instead of your time zone adjusted date and time.

This would be a five hour difference from Eastern Standard Time, not two. I would have expected the day to change at 19:00 instead of 22:00.

OG

** EDIT ** I opened another one from v28 and same issue. It is using DateTime instead of LocalDateTime

The day of week program started changing day of week 2 hours early. It changes at 10 P.M. instead of 12A.M. Just started this year.

I hate these types of questions. Not showing anything on their side. It's like they expected someone who has a crystal ball and read their minds to see what it is they are seeing.