Stumped

damica1

Hello:

I have a micro820 plc with a Spectrum Controls 2080sc-IF4 analong module and a Prosoft 800 SMS module.

I have 3 4-20ma pressure sensors and a 0-5 volt current sensor hooked to the analog module.

The analog module will just freeze up meaning the readings all of a sudden just stop responding.(This is what I am assuming) because the SMS module still allows me to sms message into the unit and the unit will respond with all of the request I have programmed.

This is the second analog module I have put into the unit. First one never did really work, but took me a while to replace, once I did replace it the unit worked for 3 days(perfectly) and now it is messing up just like the first analog module.

Since it worked correctly for 3 days (I'm asking) doesn't that suggest that the program is actually OK?

I'm really scared of the Spectrum Controls 2080sc-IF4u (I'm using it instead of Allen Bradley analog module because of price.)

Would anybody else have anything to suggest??

Thanks

If it works, then fails, it usually isn't your fault.

If it worked for 3 days then 'locked up', I'd be calling Spectrum Controls to find out why.