Stupid Step7 Question

More stupid question to come tomorrow.

I am writing an example program that demonstrates Profibus DP communications to a motion controller. Every once in a while I need to write these demo programs so that the customers don't need to start from scratch. In theory I should be able to write a FB and some supporting FC and and put them on our web site so customers can used them as required.

I think it is great that I can ask a question and monitor my plcs.net ticker for responses while I am also struggling with the Step7.

BTW, I really like the S7-300. I like STL. I just don't like Step7 software. I waste too much time (money) fighting Step7 bugs.

I will have to suffer for a couple more days, then I can put my S7 back on the self and forget about it. I don't see how you guys put up with it.

Kamenges,

your comments about the lacking helpfullnes of STEP7 seem to be very accurate. Have you tried to forward these comments to Siemens ?
At least Siemens is trying to make STEP7 easier to use. They recently released a makeover - v5.2 - that should have a lot of small improvements (though I found that the improvements are not so revolutionary).
I sent an aggrevating email once about the deficiencies in Protool. They replied back that my suggestions would be considered for future releases of Protool. I still have to see if they really will make use of my suggestions
- but if you dont ask, you wont get.

Jesper-
No, I have not forwarded these things to Siemens. I am somewhat embarassed by that. One of the things I tell my wife on a regular basis is you forfiet the right to complain about something if you don't do something to help correct what you are complaining about. And look at what I'm doing here!!
What's good for the goose....

Hi Peter..

You can call your FB like this:

CALL FB35, DB1
Parameter:=

See that the DB of instance the "number" is diferent, also can get the same... If posible to take whatever number if it is not used!!

Also you can call the FB by conditional or inconditional form.. but when you use this case the parameters can´t show!!! be careful what you want!! :rolleyes:

Easy DB Create script

Make a source (STL) file and complile with following:-

DATA_BLOCK dbxxx
VERSION : 0.1

fbyyy
BEGIN
END_DATA_BLOCK

Where xxx=DB number and yyy=FB number.

This will create DB from FB