Suppress Alarms in a FactoryTalk Alarms and Events Server

williamlove

We've used HMI tag alarms for years, but they are gone in recent versions. So we're switching to a FactoryTalk Alarms and Events Server and we will use the migration utility to import the alarms.

We have a screen which has buttons we've used for years to suppress and unsuppress a set of key alarms. The HMI tag alarms are suppressed with a command like "SuppressOn AI\FI11" that is run from a button.

It does not appear that such a command exists to suppress the alarms defined in a FactoryTalk alarm and events server. Unless an alarm shows up in the summary you cannot get to it. Is that correct? Or can I execute a command to suppress/unsuppress any alarm that is part of a FactoryTalk Alarms and Events Server?