surge suppression on wye or delta

lesmar96

Lifetime Supporting Member
I know people have talked about your incoming power supply as being wye or delta. I don't really understand all that, maybe someone can give us explanation?

My real question is if I have a surge suppressor that says that it is designed to be used on a delta system, what will happen if it is installed on a wye power supply?

Similar Topics

It has come to my attention that the old PLC-2 system was Tric outputs so it did not matter. We have a Micrologix 1400 PLC with add on I/O modules...
Replies
Views
I am using a relay output card with 24VDC coils (motor contactors, Solenoid valves), and I'd like to use TVS diodes to protect the relay contacts...
Replies
Views
I have read all posts in the forums, but still can't see the visual of the requirements of surge suppression on interposing relays. My application...
Replies
Views
Could someone tell me or direct me toward some info re: making a surge suppressor for 120vac coils, such as would be in a general purpose 8 pin...
Replies
Views
is surge suppression typically needed for a relay output plc that is switching a ssr relay ? what is the best protection for standard relay output...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom