tacho loss relay

tonycobby

hello,im looking for a tacho loss relay to substitute a broken one in a machine.i cant find the original make,and looking around there doesnt seem to be anything suitable.
the tacho is 0.06v/rev.the max revs of the motor are 2000rpm.
at drive enable and minimum speed there are approx.600mv on the tacho line,this unit,when it worked gave an input to a plc which enabled speed up etc.i know there are voltage level detectors ,0 a 10v with
histerisis etc,but at 2000rpm i have 120v.
does anybody know of a unit that will give me an ok output at 600mv,and at the same time support 120v on the input side.regards,tony.

zener diode

couldn't you run the signal across a small value zener, say 1.0 VDC,
and then run the signal off the zener to a 0-2VDC voltage detector?

Crompton Instruments (part of Take Your Company Over) manufacture a speed sensing relay that operates off a mag pick up. I believe Pepperl + Fuchs also have one.
These are commonly used on diesel generators for underspeed, not overspeed and crank speed attained.
beerchug