Tag browser freeze - FTView V12

chavak

Hi Guys,

I know it's not a great product, but using it because of no choice.
Was working on V10 without much gripes. Then came V12.

I'm facing tag browser window freeze [ takes it from a few seconds to a couple of minutes to unfreeze]. Checked the knowledgebase, nothing shows up. It happens in both offline and online.

Anyone encountered it, any workaround?

Thank you

BTW, the PLC is a CompactLogix 5069 L320-ERM

Last edited:
The FactoryTalk View Tag Browser hanging after opening was a thing for a while. There is a TechConnect Level Knowledgebase doc

ID: BF13216 | Access Levels: TechConnect
FactoryTalk View Studio: Tag browser opens but freezes, does not respond to clicks

The issue was listed as fixed in CPR9 SRx Patch Rollup dated July 2021 or later. Do you have that Patch or later installed?
The workaround before it was fixed was to Alt-Tab away from the Tag Browser dialog window, then Alt-Tab back to it.

Last edited:
Thank you Mike,

I'll check out the tech connect document.

Good to know about the Alt Tab as well

Thank you