Tell us how your software was used

if you ever ate Breyer's Ice cream, chances are I programmed the CIP that washed the equipment.

If you ever ate any cultured milk product ( brie, yogurt, cottage cheese ) chances are I programmed the process and CIP equipment.

If you ever ate any grain product from an ADM mill, chances are I programmed the cleaning house, mill and mixplant equipment.

If you ever ate any soup broth from a square Tetra box, chances are I programmed the equipment the broth was batched into.

Like Bitbucket07, I get to work in a diverse array of places.
A trash incinerator that generates steam for the paper mill that makes US currency paper.
A line that produces insulted structural panels.
The three-axis machine that cuts out the door and window openings in those panels.
Toothpaste tubes.
Ketchup bottle caps.
Parts washer for jet engine turbine blades.
Control of the heater for the motorman's cab on commuter rail cars in several US cities.
Control of the line that seeds trays in which mushrooms are grown.
I've trained technicians who maintain the machinery that makes Duracell batteries, Schick razor blades, Titleist golf balls, and Lenox saw blades.

Perhaps 10 years ago I said that the help that has been been given has probably helped increase productivity by a billion dollars at least and that was 10 years ago. That was everybody.:site:

I couldn't begin to calculate how many hours of downtime my employers have been saved due solely to the generosity of wise and experienced people willing to share their knowledge on this site.

I have successfully produced and consumed over 500 pots of coffee this year, without injury. I have been awake for more hours than not at work this year. I have also explained to operators, supervisors, and managers that ,no, the program did not "glitch", it did not change, nor did it "lose its mind". Like BCS said, it's not rocket science, but it's a living.🤾

Wubba.

My work was used to automate "stuff". The automation contributed to less skilled position being eliminated, thus contribute to higher unemployment which created a lot of angry people that helped to put in power demagogue that leads to global war which will result in the end of human civilization as we know it.

Oh well... Somebody had to do it. ;)

My work was used to automate "stuff". The automation contributed to less skilled position being eliminated, thus contribute to higher unemployment which created a lot of angry people that helped to put in power demagogue that leads to global war which will result in the end of human civilization as we know it.

And thus the rebirth of the Sabot.

Let's face it, it had to happen sometime........right.

In that case, Thank you so much for contribution, it is much appreciated.

MAGA.png

My career was mostly the control of blowing bubbles in sewage. Our systems would save about 10% to 20% of the energy used in treating wastewater, which in turn uses about 2% of the total energy in the US.

A dirty job, but somebody ......

Care to share the cliff notes version of why? I'm guessing something to do with natural decomposition?

if you ever ate Breyer's Ice cream, chances are I programmed the CIP that washed the equipment.

If you ever ate any cultured milk product ( brie, yogurt, cottage cheese ) chances are I programmed the process and CIP equipment.

If you ever ate any grain product from an ADM mill, chances are I programmed the cleaning house, mill and mixplant equipment.

If you ever ate any soup broth from a square Tetra box, chances are I programmed the equipment the broth was batched into.

I didn't write the original CIP program for Unilever, but I modified it and made a really cool powerpoint showing each phase of the process.
I have much respect for the original programmer or programmers.

p.s. any need for any hmi or documentation work?

In that case, Thank you so much for contribution, it is much appreciated.

I see your point.

I was awe struck the first time I saw Goodyear's easel w/ the savings in labor numbers after I finished installing the Universal Sort System at their plant in Union City.

But, then I was reminded how we can't compete against foreign cheap labor.

So instead of one or two factories w/ low priced manual labor, we build multiple factories w/ higher wage maintenance positions.

I was drunk and stoned when I started this thread.
I awoke the next morning and thought, omg, I just embarrassed myself.
Now I look at it and go cool, now I know where to go for shyte.

If you drive a BMW, you can thank me that your car doesn't fall apart. Or that the paint job is as nice as it is.

For reals on the paint job.

I had a 2001 BMW Z3 coupe.

2014 and that paint job was smooth as silk.

I see your point.

I was awe struck the first time I saw Goodyear's easel w/ the savings in labor numbers after I finished installing the Universal Sort System at their plant in Union City.

But, then I was reminded how we can't compete against foreign cheap labor.

So instead of one or two factories w/ low priced manual labor, we build multiple factories w/ higher wage maintenance positions.

LOL....I think you may have missed the real message.