Tell us how your software was used

Care to share the cliff notes version of why? I'm guessing something to do with natural decomposition?

Pollutants are removed by microbes that metabolize the organic compounds. They are suspended in a large tank to which the wastewater flows. The bubbles dissolve oxygen so the microbes can metabolize the waste. In a subsequent step the microbes settle out, are pumped back to the tank for another meal, and the clean water is disinfected and released to the rivers etc.

If I'm on a plane sitting next to a pretty young woman I explain that I design energy conservation systems for the environmental industry.

If I just want to read my book I explain that I blow bubbles in ****.

interesting thread

I dont have at this moment the exact products model number, but some of the Stanley Black and Decker products manufactured in Mexico and Charlotte North Caroline USA passed in some of my machines, like chop saw, palm sander, multitool, XR13, impactor drill, and soon impactor manufactured in china.

A/C lines in BMW, jeep, ford and other vehicles
Motors in the Kiva robots

Also, almost any Eaton products manufactured in Reynosa Mexico of the following divisions:
Diferentials (like e-locker, posi) (Ford, Fiat, Great Wall)
Diferent Fuel valves for Chrysler, Ford, GW, Porsche, like the ones preventing fuel escaping in a roll over of the vehicle.
hose harness in Paccar Trucks and some lifters
quick disconnect connectors for pneumatic and hydraulics
a valve that is used in firefighters respiratory system
some switches in Paccard and kenworth trucks, soon most of the switches in the new paccars platform

And my favorite, the Ford P558 platform or Ford F150 2016 diferential, fuel valves and A/C lines, all of them manufactured in Reynosa in 3 diferent plants :)

greetings

If you have ever been around an industrial X-Ray source (outside of most hospitals).
My software was probably used to process the X-Ray tube.
Consists of pumping a vacuum on the "tube assembly" and then heat treating the assembly while doing "out-gassing" of the Getter and Filament in the tube (PID of current against vacuum level). When the heat treat process is completed the glass end of the tube is sealed at 10-8 Torr and it is sent for test.

What does it look like... a normal vacuum tube used in old style electronics but a little "fancier" and 2-6 times the size and taking several thousand volts to produce X-Rays. Most have glass upper tube with an exotic metal base.

Last edited:
In the mid 90's I worked my first automation job for a gray iron foundry making sand castings for Cummin's Signature 600 series blocks and Detroit Series 60.

Moved on to a Tier 1 supplier for Honda in charge of drain bolt installation and final leak testing of oil pans and transmission housing, dowel pin insertion in rocker shaft covers. These were all for the Civic and Accord vehicles.

The last 8 years as the lone automation guy in a small plastic injection molding company. We make single cell battery jars that eventually end up in forklifts, cell phone tower backup's, batteries for Boeing airlines (not the ones that caught fire a few years back) as well as standard battery cases for marine and farm applications.

🍺

Unfortunately most of my software is protected by NDA. Which is a major bummer because I can't talk about any of it. :(

If you ever pass by a landfill that is flaring gas, there is about a 20% chance that it is running my code.

If you are located around St. Louis or Mid-Central North Carolina, some of the electricity you get probably comes from a gas turbine being supplied gas by my code.

If your house was built by bricks from a certain plant in Montgomery, AL, part of the kiln is supplied by gas from my code.

If you live in Chile and the pig farm you live next to doesn't stink as bad as others, you can thank me for the waste digester that is running my code.

If you've flown, There's a reasonable chance I was involved with the heat treatment of the aluminum used on the plane.

These days, If you're using a generic TD patch, I may be involved in the extrusion, slitting, or packaging.

Mine is not nearly as exciting. If you've played an escape room just about anywhere in the country, there is a chance you've "played" my software. Some are simple plug and play games that an owner bought and put in their room, others are entire fully 100% automated rooms that I did all of the tech engineering and code writing for.

My work was used to automate "stuff". The automation contributed to less skilled position being eliminated, thus contribute to higher unemployment which created a lot of angry people that helped to put in power demagogue that leads to global war which will result in the end of human civilization as we know it.

You must be a hoot at the Christmas Party 🍺🍺🍺

If you go to Euro Disney outside Paris, and see the live action show "Mickey and the Magician," you will see my code operating the onstage special effects and props. Something like 6 shows a day, ~350 days a year.

-rpoet