Temp control

Shooter,
Thats exactly what I need it for.To supply the heating requirements for a collection of pythons.From the information I have given so far how would you go about designing something that would suit those needs?bearing in mind it would need to be versatile,expandable and cost effective.The alarm suggestion is very good and is something I didnt consider before.
Since you do this as a profession I would be more than happy to see what you could come up with for me.

cheers

Is it me, or how does someone who doesn't know an RTD from a thermocouple get assigned such a complex 12 zone control task? Don't get me wrong, Rees, this is nothing against you.

I'm no genious by any stretch. In the sea of control engineering my knowledge would fit into a 1/2 gal pail. But I have worked my way up and have taken on larger and larger tasks as my experience grew. I have worked under the watchful eyes of those older and wiser and am considered a quick study. I think this profession requires that. I've also used this forum to help me solve difficult, specific, problems I've had in the past.

I suggest, Rees, that you break your project into parts (sensors, PID, heater control, data collection, HMI, networking, etc.) and use this forum to ask specific questions in areas you might need clearification AFTER you have done some basic research on your own.

Questions like, "I've just been assigned to redesign the space shuttle and I'm a newbie at this, can anyone tell me what I need?" are pretty difficult to answer, and not fair to the gurus here. Its just too many variables.

My two cents Kind Regards

Marty