Testing FTV Security

AMarks95

I have a project in FTV ME (Studio v13) that I'm trying to apply security to a few buttons/setpoints.

I have 4 users: Anonymous Logon, DEFAULT, Operator, and Admin.
I have 3 groups: Guests, Operators, Administrators
Anonymous and DEFAULT are only in the Guests group. Operator is in the Guests and Operators group, and Admin is in the Guests, Operators, and Administrators group.

All of my buttons have the "AuthorizedGroup" property set to "Operator".

However, when I launch the runtime (Test Application) from FTV Studio none of the buttons are disabled. I have a log in/out buttons on my home page that are hidden/shown if a user a logged in or not, so I can see that no user is logged in, but all of the buttons are still allowing me to click them. When I try and log in as DEFAULT it fails no matter what, even when I changed the password to blank or a space. I can successfully login as Operator.

Am I missing something? Do I need to set the "startup user" or something somewhere? Or, is this just something that I can't test using the Test Application?

I see now that "Authorized Group" is a grayed-out option under the E-Sign tab. So, even though I was changing the group in the properties panel, it has no effect because the electronic signature was not enabled.

There really needs to be an option to require e-signature with blank comment and no popup, just as a way to force a user to be signed in. Guess I'll go with the ol' overlayed-invisible end button to disable buttons.

Last edited: