Testing the Production System (Wonderware System Platform 2014 R2)

ar879

Hi guys,

Is there any way that the Production system can be modified and tested without affecting the operation!!

We are using Wonderware System Platform 2014 R2 and I'm working on adding new screens to the system but I can't have the system shut as this will affect the operation of the other sites!

Thanks!

If you don't consider reading values to affect, then just do it. Especially the Stand Alone version just go Dev mode and create away! If you use a separate computer for it then you could affect communication.
Thanks Spaderkung for you reply!! I'm still stuck in this!
The remote HMI nodes on the sites are getting data from the RDS server which gets the data from the GR. I believe that if I deploy any objects in the Galaxy, it will be updated in the RDS server and then to the HMI remote nodes! That's what worries me!

Would creating another InTouchAppEngine and with another InTouchViewApp to test the screens only help?

Thanks again?

I've only used more simple intouch systems, but my thinking would be the same: as long as you only view the tags you cannot affect the system. Then the hmi system would be really bad. And if your hmi application changes values without pressing buttons then it is really bad. Scary to do live but think about it and have faith you solve unexpected problems.