Texas Instrument

daveford

hi!! im looking for some info on a TI 5TI-1029 plc programmer any help would be greatly appreciated like a manual or software. i understand it has been updated to a 505 series but dont know if the software will work or if i need a handheld programmer. thanks

The TI 5TI-1029 looks to be a prom based memory unit, so you can't program it directly. You might want to open it up and check the memory board.

The 5TI-1034 series was the latest made with read/write memory. IIRC, the CPU of all 5TI's is about 9" x 12", brushed alumn. finish.

To the best of my knoledge, you had to send the program to TI to get proms made. I never did.

The 5TI r/w memory units could be programmed by the hand held unit or the VPU terminal unit - both I used many times. If you didn't have a VPU you used a cassette tape unit for backup/restore and a datalink unit to a serial printer for listing the ladder to paper.

The 505 series is a totally different beast. I don't recall if the VPU could program it.

ti programmer

Unregistered said:
The TI 5TI-1029 looks to be a prom based memory unit, so you can't program it directly. You might want to open it up and check the memory board.

The 5TI-1034 series was the latest made with read/write memory. IIRC, the CPU of all 5TI's is about 9" x 12", brushed alumn. finish.

To the best of my knoledge, you had to send the program to TI to get proms made. I never did.

The 5TI r/w memory units could be programmed by the hand held unit or the VPU terminal unit - both I used many times. If you didn't have a VPU you used a cassette tape unit for backup/restore and a datalink unit to a serial printer for listing the ladder to paper.

The 505 series is a totally different beast. I don't recall if the VPU could program it.
Hi!! is there anywhere i can find a manual for a 5ti-1029 plc it seems to be run by a napco programmer built by electronic services it was used on a napco nickelplating line. thanks,Dave